Not that I can imagine a situation where you would have a need to set your socks on fire while wearing them, but if you do then it’s probably a good idea to not do what this idiot did:
The boy admitted he lit his socks on fire, which he said he had done several times before without incident, and when he stomped his foot to extinguish the flame it ignited a carpet soaked with gasoline from an earlier spill.
The boy and his friends attempted to extinguish the fire, but the garage burned down, police said.
Again, this seems like something you really shouldn’t have to tell people not to do, but there you go. In this case the teenager was arrested and charged with arson for his stupidity, but apparently the judge felt he was just being your typical stupid teenager.
“(He) was 14 years old, and although his intelligence appeared to the (Youth Court) judge to be average, average 14-year-old boys may do things without any thought of the risks involved, even when they have been told about the risks on other occasions,” Justice Jill Mallon said in the High Court ruling.
Checking Google it appears that this isn’t an uncommon thing to do among the young and stupid.
Wow, it seems we’re having a flood of SEB Safety PSAs today. What’s with all the sudden stupidity in the world?