1. What time did you get up this morning?
6:00 a.m. That’s standard for the Monday through Friday grind until August 17th when I’ll be switching to afternoon shift. Then it’s a crap shoot.
2. How do you like your steak?
I’m sure I’m going to appall a lot of people with this answer, but I like mine medium-well. Of course when you ask for it to be medium-well there’s only about a 50/50 chance of it actually being medium-well.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently my favorite is Better Off Ted, but you could also say The Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who. There are very few shows I make a point of watching.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Tokyo might be fun for awhile, but I’m pretty happy with Michigan overall. My reluctance to move out of state is probably why I’m not earning as much as I have in the past.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Haven’t had it yet, but will be grabbing a bowl of Raisin Bran and some orange juice courtesy of my employer in a moment.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
I don’t really have a favorite. It depends on my mood.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Raw tomatoes, Asparagus, anything overly spicy.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
I’m a big fan of Red Robin burgers, but there’s also this little Mom and Pop Italian place here in Ann Arbor called Bella Italia which I highly recommend to anyone in the area. I love their Alfredo Chicken.
10. Favorite dressing?
Ranch mostly, though I used to be really fond of Thousand Island. I like a good Italian every now and then too.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix or a 2004 Honda Civic.
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Jeans and Hawaiian shirts or t-shirts. I’m not a snappy dresser.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
England, Japan, Hawaii, the Bahamas. All sorts of places. Alas I don’t get vacations very often and don’t have the cash it would take.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Neither. It’s half a cup.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Hadn’t thought about it. Considering my piss-poor planning I probably won’t be able to retire.
16. Favorite time of day?
Don’t really have one. Or I should say that it varies.
17. Where were you born?
Detroit, Michigan. Which is odd as I’ve never lived in Detroit itself.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Not a sports guy. I was born without the Male Sports Gene.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
No one will tag me back because I don’t plan on tagging anyone.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
No one in particular.
22. Bird watcher?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m definitely a night owl. I have a hard time getting to bed before midnight. Which is a pain when you get up at 6AM.
24. Do you have any pets?
Two black cats. Melvin and Beanie. Neither of whom get along with the other.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Nothing I’ve not already blogged about.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Santa Claus. Thought it was the coolest job ever. Barring that I wanted to be an actor or a stunt man.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Most of what I remember from my childhood are fragments and impressions of events. Just about any Christmas morning will do along with any number of moments from summer or winter playing outdoors.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
**Dave’s response is pretty much what I would say: I enjoy dogs, but don’t want to take pack responsibility. So definitely cats.
29. Are you married?
Yes. Well into our ninth year now.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Without fail. I’m one of those assholes who insist you do so as well if you’re riding with me.
31. Been in a car accident?
A couple. Broke my neck in one of them (not as bad as it sounds).
32. Any pet peeves?
A few. I tend to do repetitive things by routines and I always get annoyed when the routines are interrupted by something silly. This is mostly something that occurs in my job.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Pepperoni, mushroom, ham, sausage, pretty much any meat short of anchovies. I’m a fan of Hawaiian and Mediterranean Chicken pizzas.
34. Favorite Flower?
Never thought about it. Not much for flowers myself.
35. Favorite ice cream?
Cookie Dough, Rocky Road, Moose Tracks, though sometimes I’m quite partial to a simple but rich Vanilla.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
I love me some Arby’s, but it’s too expensive to eat there often.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
Passed it on the first try.
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Coworker. It was notes on how her shift went last night.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Newegg.com, but I don’t have any credit cards.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Freaked out over my daughter’s decision to not come home in the fall. That was pretty spontaneous in that I hadn’t planned on it.
41. Like your job?
It’s OK. Doesn’t pay as well as I’d like (or am used to) and is far less technical than I’d prefer. In this economy, though, it’s better than a lot of stuff I could be doing.
Sure. I particularly like it raw with ranch dressing to dip it in. Though a good steaming with butter is always nice. Maybe some cheddar poured over top.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Disney World back when I was a teenager. Been meaning to get back there ever since.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
My wife, Anne. We ate at Red Robbin.
45. What are you listening to right now?
The gentle woosh of the A/C here at work. Don’t tend to listen to music much outside of the car.
46. What is your favorite color?
47. How many tattoos do you have?
None. Not that I haven’t thought about it, but I can’t decide what I’d like to have done.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
None. I don’t tend to tag people with memes.
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
50. Coffee Drinker?
Yes, though not habitually. Mainly on the weekends at this point.