You have got to check out this laugh-riot of an excuse for an essay by Brandon T Stanley at his blog Enemies Foreign and Domestic titled: A Polemic Against Atheism.
A man can never be reasoned out of any position which he never reasoned himself into. Thus is the root of all evil in today’s America: the doctrines of unreason yet made more insidious by masquerading as reason. At the head of these forces is the force of Atheism. This is not meant to soothe the hearts of disbelief, or to call someone to faith. I will not mince word with those who would advance the putrid banner of nihilism under the cover of a cannonade of so-called reason. Atheism as a metaphysic comes to us in a variety of forms: Music, T.V, so called “American Culture”. Atheism, first and foremost, is a religion. All forms of extremist atheism, whether they are Objectivism, Marxism, or any other ism, make metaphysical claims. These claims are never challenged nor questioned. Atheism as a religion has Ten Commandments.
1) Man consists of nothing more than atoms, hence he has no essence
2) Man should therefore seek Paradise on Earth
3) Reality must be what we see in front of us
4) Religious faith is bad; but faith in fellow man good
5) We must be the judge of whether God is righteous or not
6) Eschatology in religion bad; eschatology in science good
7) Ethical judgments cannot be made; all is relative
8) The Universe is an accident
9) Evolution can never be questioned. Prophet Darwin is unassailable
10) Faith is a stupidity, and faith must be taken as “belief in something you cannot see.”
Are they not patently absurd?
I nearly choked on my lunch from laughing at that drivel. It’s a great example of how to construct a strawman argument and leaves some of the drive-by commenters that come around SEB in the dust. Go read the full thing, but be careful not to be drinking anything when you do.
Brought to us by Brent over at UTI.