The latest meme going around is 5 Weird Things About Me and DOF did it so I figured I’d do it too, even though most folks already know my oddities. Some of these are on my 100 Things About Me list in the archives that I’ve never quite finished. Here we go:
- My right thumbnail has a racing stripe in it. Several brown colored bands stretch from the quick to the tip on the right side of my thumbnail. I’m told by doctors it’s caused my nerve damage from a childhood injury when my thumb got slammed in a door.
- I have a very small hole in my neck. Again doctors have told me that it’s a branchial anomaly known as a fistula and is the result of faulty development of the second branchial cleft and pouch during the embryonic stage. Other than itching every so often it’s of little consequence, but sometimes folks notice it much like my racing stripe.
- I can’t stand to eat raw tomatoes, but I love tomato juice and other tomato products such as ketchup, tomato sauce, salsa and so on. It’s the texture of raw tomatoes that I can’t handle. Cooked tomatoes don’t bother me in the least.
- I can’t handle listening to people file their nails or use sandpaper on wood. It has the same effect on me as some folks have from fingernails on a chalkboard (which I’m unaffected by). Sometimes brushing dust off a car’s dashboard will drive me nuts too. My car’s dashboard tends to be somewhat dusty.
- I have an abnormal walking gait called “out-toeing.” It results in footprints that look like \ / as I walk in the snow.
OK, so most of mine are just weird physical things as opposed to personality quirks, but I couldn’t think of any of those because I think I’m pretty normal and everyone else is a bit off. I’m not tagging anyone for this meme because… well… I just don’t feel like it.