Sure the TV series is long canceled and the movie is done and out, but that doesn’t mean exciting adventures in the Serenity universe has to come to an end. Not now that there’s a pen and paper RPG you can play:
The Serenity Role Playing Game lets you re-create the action of the ‘Verse, the science-fiction setting created by writer/director Joss Whedon. Fly a ship out in the black, take jobs as they come, and always make sure you get paid. Everything you need to get started is right here! All you need is dice, friends, and your imagination.
- A self-contained role playing game. All the rules are provided for both players and Game Masters!
- Full character creation rules, plus fifteen sample characters—including the crew of Serenity.
- Complete details on spaceships, guns, and technology.
- Emphasis on story, action, and character development with easy-to-learn rules.
- Game details and descriptions of the characters and settings of the film!
I’m always skeptical of RPGs based on licensed series, but occasionally these turn out OK. I’ll bet ***Dave will be happy to hear about this if he hasn’t already.