The Bad News: Just talked with my old contract house and they weren’t available to get the position changed to full-time and a higher pay rate.
The Good News: The original part-time $15/hr position is still a go and they’re willing to interview me if I’m interested.
I told them I was still interested seeing as it beats the hell out of nothing at all. If I continue to freelance with Compeople then perhaps I’ll be able to keep my head above water. My lease renewal is due at the end of this week and I was kinda using whether or not I landed this job as a deciding factor on if I should sign up for another year. As it stands I’m not sure if I should or not. My rep tried to cheer me up by telling me that part-time jobs often go to full-time inside the company before too much time passes, but that’s little comfort overall when I’ll be lucky if I earn $16,000 a year if it doesn’t.
So I’m still searching for a good paying full-time job some place. Or a winning lottery ticket. Whichever comes first.