I don’t know why anyone would really care what the hell is on my Start menu in Windows XP, but Neil did it so I’m replicating the meme because I wanted to. This is listed in sequence from top to bottom minus the preset Firefox and Thunderbird entries that are pinned at the top:
- FileZilla – It’s what I use for FTP transfers. Free and it works pretty well.
- Wordpad – I use this a lot more than I would expect to for all manner of stupid things. It rarely leaves my number 2 spot.
- Internet Explorer – Mainly cause I’m testing site layouts with it to see how badly IE screws up my already pathetic HTML coding attempts.
- PhotoImpact 10 – Poor man’s Photoshop. ‘Nuff said.
- Call of Duty: United Offensive Multiplayer – Administering regular virtual ass-kickings is important to good mental health.
- Solitaire – Gotta do something when the broadband connection is down.
- Calculator – I is da stupid at da math.
- NeroVision Express – Nothing like fresh piping hot homemade DVDs.
- Command Prompt – Because there’s still some things easier done in DOS.
- Palm Desktop – Don’t even know why this one shows up. I don’t use it all that often at all.
- GetDataBack for NTFS – Easily the best purchase I’ve made for yanking data off of corrupted hard drives. If it’ll still spin and your system will recognize its presence then this will find whatever is still salvageable and yank it off for you. It’s an ass saver extraordinaire.
- Desktop Manager – Been playing around with a Blackberry lately and that’s the software for syncing it.
Yes, it’s a long list. I actually bumped the number of displayable icons up a few notches on my installation. I’m geeky like that.