Don’t have a lot of time for writing much today, but wanted to mention a few things in passing while I had the chance. So here they are in no particular order:
- Finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince early this morning. That’s part of the reason I’ve not written a whole lot of blog entries the past couple of days. Was devoting more time than usual to getting through the book. I’ll probably write more about it later, but right now I’ll suffice it to say, “Damn!”
- I’ve gotten a couple of potential submissions to SEB lately that were interesting, but too short. Consisting mainly of links and a rough one or two sentence description on what they’re about, I’ve decided to hold off on posting them until I can work them into a decent entry to read.
- There’s also a good article I came across the other day about the supposed violent-video-games-makes-violent-killers argument that several folks have emailed me about since I first saw it that I intend to write an entry about before too long. Again, just wanted to mention that I’ve seen it and I agree that it’s a good article so folks don’t think I’m ignoring them.
- I’ve recently discovered the insanity that is Adult Swim’s animated series called Robot Chicken. It’s the sort of show you might end up with if my buddies Hairboy and Eric Paulsen (who sometimes writes for this site) were to get together and make an animated series using action figures. In other words, it’s sick and wrong and I laugh my ass off every time I watch it.
- I am really bad about responding to emails unless it something that pisses me off or pretty much demands an immediate response and I’d like to take a moment to apologize publicly for that to anyone who might think I was ignoring them. I read every email that comes in that isn’t obviously spam and I get quite a bit due to the popularity of SEB. So when a reply doesn’t immediately come to mind I’ll hold onto the email so I can respond to it later only to forget all about it for several days. It’s a bad habit and I’m working on improving it.
- This spot left intentionally blank for something I wanted to say, but now can’t remember what it was. I’ll fill it with something worth reading once I remember what the hell it was I was going to say. Until then, just forget that this line item actually exists. It’ll be important later.
- I destroyed my first door today. Our bedroom door has always been a tight fit that made closing it entirely not only difficult, but unwise. Last night, however, the evening cooled off enough that Anne managed to close the door all the way. Naturally when she got up to go to work this morning it wasn’t as cold in the room and the door expanded enough that we couldn’t get it to open. I ended up on the floor tugging on the bottom of the door because it was the only place I could get a good grip. I ended up pretty much ripping the bottom half of the door out of the frame before the top half would open. This has happened once before a couple of years back, but I was on the other side of the door and used my not inconsiderable weight to pop it open then. Wrong side of the door today. I have no idea if the apartment complex will charge us for destroying a door, but we’ll find out soon enough. I must say that it sure filled me with a testosterone glow to see how much damage I was able to inflict on a poor defenseless door.
OK, that’s all I have for now.