… over the past few days, but the antibiotics and decongestants I’m on have left me a little addle-headed making writing much of anything a bit of a struggle. There’s been one or two things I’ve seen that I wanted to comment on only to find I couldn’t put two coherent sentences together. Hell, it was tough putting up the Boobie-Thon entry this morning without it sounding like it was written by George W. Bush after he’d been hit in the head with a brick. Here’s a few random thoughts in no particular order, though, to tide you over:
- I didn’t watch the first Presidential debates, but I did catch the highlights and I must say that it was enough to move me from going into this election intending to “vote against Bush” to “voting for Kerry” and that’s a subtle, but important, distinction. Up until that point in time Kerry hadn’t exactly overwhelmed me as having the potential to be a great President, but now I’m seriously warming to him. It feels good to be voting for someone instead of just against someone.
- Anyone else notice that there’s a few clever popup ads out there that manage to sneak by Mozilla/Firefox’s popup blocker? I wonder how long it’ll be before they become more widespread.
- Melvin, the Official SEB Cat, is certifiably a weirdo.
- I’ll be working this weekend on getting the photos together for the 3 Photos Meme I said I was going to participate in awhile back so if you have any last minute photo requests then now is the time to get them in (on that page).
- I’m working on a Halloween layout for SEB, but so far it’s been utterly craptastic. The logo I’ve come up with for it is pretty cool, but the rest of the layout sucks rotten pumpkins at this point. Don’t know if I’ll get the needed inspiration to pull it off before the holiday actually arrives.
- I’m trying to teach myself PHP as there’s about three plugins I’m working on at the moment that so far only manage to complete hose your page rendering if you try to use them as opposed to actually doing anything useful. PHP is pretty easy to understand until you get to the Regular Expressions and then my mind simply melts. May as well be Ancient Venusian for all I can make of it.
- OK, I’m done now.