Proving once again that naming your kid after someone of great intelligence doesn’t guarantee that your kid will share that intelligence, a 15 year old teen by the name of Thomas Jefferson is in a drug-induced coma at a Greenwood, IN hospital after being badly burned because no one ever told him that he shouldn’t soak his shirt in gasoline and then invite his friends to set him on fire. Not surprisingly Jefferson was immediately engulfed in flames from his waist to his head because, well, gasoline is flammable and all.
“I would never have imagined something like this to happen. I mean things go on in different neighborhoods, but not that. They’re old enough to know better,” said neighbor Michelle Cordray.
Added fellow neighbor Scott Moore “At 10:30 they were throwing firecrackers at each other beside my house and I told them they need to get home and then ten minutes later I see an ambulance show up.”
Yes, a couple of potential Nobel Laureates to be sure. In combination I’m sure the IQs of these two young men reach the staggering heights of single digits.