Spent a chunk of last night working on a new design for my daughter’s blog and it looks pretty damn cool too. In Internet Explorer at least…
Mozilla, however, chews up the layout and spits it out in one huge slimy mess and I’m not sure why yet, though I suspect it’s something in the style sheet. Dammit.
Click here to see the test page, though you’ll need to use IE to see it as it’s SUPPOSED to look. I’ll see if I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong according to Mozilla when I get in this evening.
Update: Got home this evening and started messing around with the style sheet using some of the suggestions many of you kindly sent me either in the comments or via email and I think I have figured it out. Chad put me on the right path with his suggestion of adding a clear:both tag to an otherwise empty DIV. That didn’t fix the problem, but clued me in on what Moz wanted. Instead, I added the tag to the #blog ID I’d defined in the style sheet and that did the trick. Suddenly, Mozilla was rendering the page as I had intended. I did tidy things up a little based on some of Chad’s other suggestions as well.
Thanks to him and the rest of you for your tips and suggestions as they were a big help. Courtney likes the new layout and it’s now officially in use at her site.