Well, it’s good to know that it’s not just idiotic young Americans that are injuring themselves trying to recreate stunts from the movie Jackass. It appears there’s similar idiots in Australia as well.
The man suffered a fractured pelvis and severe burns to his genital area after a firecracker exploded between the cheeks of his buttocks.
An ambulance was called to Dapto’s Reed Park about 2.30am on August 10 after reports that the man was haemorrhaging from the buttocks. He was transported to Wollongong Hospital in a serious but stable condition, and he is expected to remain in hospital for several months.
The man suffered extensive injuries from the explosion and required emergency surgery. He now has a colostomy and a catheter, and is sexually dysfunctional.
Probably for the best. The less chance this guy has of contributing to the gene pool the better off it’ll be in the long run.