Once again it’s time for the Friday Five and, as usual, I’m late. But not as late as last week where I never got around to doing it at all.
- What is your favorite restaurant and why? I’m partial to Outback Steakhouse myself. I just like the way they make their steaks and I love the bloomin’ onion. It’s evil, and I shouldn’t eat it, but I usually get one. Good thing we don’t go often.
- What fast food restaurant are you partial to? In my youth I would have said McDonalds, which is probably why I’m in the sad shape I am today. Anymore it’s a toss-up between Subway and Bellacino’s.
- What are your standards and rules for tipping? Standard 20% of the bill if the service is good. Little less if it sucked. I’ve only been in one restaurant where the service was so bad I didn’t tip.
- Do you usually order an appetizer and/or dessert? If it’s one of the nicer sit-down places (like Outback) and we’ve not been out in a while and we’re hungry we’ll sometimes order an appetizer (see comment on Bloomin’ Onion). I rarely get a desert even when I’m at home, I’m not a big desert eater.
- What do you usually order to drink at a restaurant? Unless it’s breakfast, I usually get a diet cola of whichever brand is handy. At breakfast I usually drink coffee.